Ski & Snowboard Instructors 2021/22
The Gore Mountain Snow Sports School will be conducting our annual “Learn to be an Instructor” Training Course & Hiring Clinic on November 27-28, 2021. If you want to see what it takes to be an instructor at Gore Mountain this 2-day clinic is an opportunity for you to gain skills and knowledge about teaching and coaching skiing/snowboarding.
During the 2-day clinic, you will learn how, what, and when to teach or coach certain skills and drills. You will also receive individual feedback on your personal skiing/riding.
Upon completion of the clinic, we will let participants know who we wish to hire on our staff for the 21/22 season. If you successfully meet our requirements and are offered a position as an instructor, training will continue throughout the season and during your employment.
Responsibilities of an Instructor
- Teach children & adults of various ability levels to ski or snowboard
- Teach all lessons in a safe, supportive manner while keeping it fun!
- Perform teaching assignments and other related tasks as assigned
- Abide by policies and procedures of Gore Mountain
- Continue professional development by attending in-house training clinics
- Maintain a level of fitness to perform all work duties; teaching skiing/riding is a physical job. Able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Maintain a professional appearance and professional conduct at all times – a must!
Requirements & Qualifications of an Instructor
- Commitment to an approved calendar of workdays, including peak holiday periods, weekends, and other times of high business volume
- Work a minimum of 25 days from the Christmas Holiday period thru mid-March, with minimum weekend requirements
- Minimum age of 16 by December 1, 2021
- Solid black ski/snowboard pants in good repair (we provide uniform jacket)
- Modern ski/snowboard equipment in good repair
- Enthusiasm, patience, passion for snow sports, friendly personality, and a sense of
- Competent skiing and/or riding skills on all Blue terrain and some Black terrain
- Reliable transportation to work, on time, each scheduled workday
Employee Benefits & Privileges
- Hourly pay compensation; rate commensurate with PSIA/AASI certification
- Season Pass for employee
- Other perks
Instructor Training Course/Hiring Clinic Details:
Date: November 27-28, 2021
Location: to be determined
Time: 8:00-8:30 registration. 9:00 – 3:30 clinic on snow, with a lunch break
Open To: skiers & snowboarders, ages 16 (on or before 12/1/21) and older
Cost: $10, includes 2-day clinic/training & 2-day lift ticket
For more information, please submit your inquiry here.
Gore Mountain Snow Sports School is a PSIA/AASI member school. For more information on our professional organization, Professional Ski Instructors of America/American Association of Snowboard Instructors, go to www.psia-e.org for the Eastern site or www.thesnowpros.org for the national site.
- Nov 27 — 28, 2021
Time: 8:00-8:30am registration. 9:00am-3:30pm clinic on snow, with lunch breaks on your own
Open To: Skiers & Snowboarders, ages 16 (on or before 12/1/21) and older
Cost: $10- includes 2-day clinic/training & 2-day lift ticket