Health & Safety Information
We had a very successful season at our resorts last winter and ask our guests for cooperation again this year to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our Employees are Working to Keep You Safe
We recognize that our guests have experienced varying policies depending on where they live and travel. Please be kind to staff if they need to remind you to put on your face covering – they are a fundamental part of ensuring that all guests enjoy the mountain and keep our resorts in operation.
Know Before You Go Information
*Advanced tickets are REQUIRED during the holiday period.*
- Face coverings are required in all indoors spaces (including gondola cabins). Face coverings may not be removed at any time inside gondola cabins. Failure to do so may result in loss of lift pass.
- Gondola and chairlifts will be loaded based on demand. Expect to ride with others. If you have concerns riding the gondola, please use open-air chairlifts.
- Check conditions report for the day’s planned lifts and trails.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Please review the information on the Face Covering Requirements in advance of your visit. We will publish any updates here as they become available, but be aware that our guidelines are subject to change without notice.View Requirements »
Face Covering Requirements
When visiting Gore Mountain, please follow these guidelines:
- Indoors: Face coverings (masks) are required for all guests while indoors regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings can only be removed indoors when eating or drinking.
- Outdoors: Vaccinated guests do not need to wear a face covering, but mask use is recommended when near unknown guests, or when unable to be socially distanced. Unvaccinated guests are required to wear face coverings and be socially distanced outside.
- Gondolas: Face coverings (masks) are required for all guests while riding gondolas regardless of vaccination status.
- Lifts: Face coverings are recommended for all guests when in lift lines, when unable to socially distance, or when with unknown guests.
Face coverings (masks) must properly cover your nose and mouth with two or more layers of protection at all times. Masks that have holes for your mouth or nose (neoprene ski masks) or single-layer buffs will not satisfy the mask requirement.
If you are not feeling well or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and plan to visit us another time.
Guidelines & Information
At Gore, our team is:
- Maintaining physical barriers (e.g. plexiglass) at high interaction points like ticketing locations and service areas.
- Operating with increased frequency of cleaning procedures and a deep clean at night.
- Maintaining hand sanitizer stations throughout our venues for guests & employees.
- Undergoing a daily health screening prior to every shift.
- Reducing indoor capacities where necessary to maintain six (6) feet of social distancing.
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials.
- It is strongly recommended that tickets be purchased online in advance for specific day(s) of planned skiing to ensure you will have a ticket. Walk-up ticket sales will NOT be available during holiday periods.
- Walk up tickets are not guaranteed and may be available in limited quantities at the discretion of management.
- If the dates you desire are not currently available, be sure to check back! Based on our evaluation, we may add more tickets to our inventory.
Shuttles & Drop-Off Areas
- Face coverings are required while riding the shuttle and while waiting in shuttle lines when unable to maintain six (6) feet of social distancing. Windows in shuttles should remain open.
- Please limit the number of individuals in your party utilizing our shuttle busses. Use our expanded drop-off areas. Do not leave children unattended at drop-off areas.
- Arrive as ready to go as possible, avoiding unnecessary indoor time.
- Indoor storage space is limited; we encourage you to leave personal belongings in your vehicle.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED for riding the gondola. Windows in the gondolas should remain open.
- For vaccinated guests, face coverings are recommended on chairlifts when riding with unknown guests.
- For vaccinated guests, face coverings are recommended in lift lines when unable to maintain six (6) feet of social distancing.
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please adhere to posted signage at lift areas and the directions of our staff.
Food and Beverage
- All indoor food and beverage locations will adhere to a 50% reduction in capacity. Tables are spaced to maintain social distancing.
- Tables in foodservice areas can be occupied by those who have purchased food and beverage for up to 20 minutes. Thank you for making room for others.
- Please try to avoid the busier lunch hour of approximately 12 noon. Most menu items and daily specials are available during off-peak hours.
- Individuals who are bringing their own food can use our outdoor spaces.
- Food preparation, food sharing, and heating of food is not permitted.
- No storing food at tables, locker rooms, or other public spaces. If you are bringing your own food, it should fit into a personal pack and not be left in the lodge. We do not allow large backpacks or coolers.
- Please wear a face covering at all times. Social distancing is required, please do not socialize inside.
- If you need to store personal items inside, please rent a locker or use the shelving units and wall hooks provided. Consider leaving all of your personal items in your vehicle.
- Personal items cannot be stored under tables or in areas other than lockers, shelving units, or wall hooks.
- Restroom occupancies have been reduced by 50%. Outdoor bathroom facilities are available.
Snow Sports Lessons
- All lessons must be reserved in advance to guarantee your plans.
- We require those taking lessons to complete a health screening before they arrive on site. This screening must be completed by 7:30am the morning of the scheduled lesson. One screening is required per person, not per party.
- Children ages 12 and under must wear a face covering at all times during their lesson when unable to maintain six (6) feet of social distancing.
- Children ages 12 and older, when permissible and who are vaccinated, are not required to wear face coverings while they are outdoors and maintain six (6) feet of social distancing.
- Unvaccinated guests are required to wear face coverings at all times during lessons except while actively skiing or riding AND maintaining six (6) feet of social distancing.
- Face coverings are required for both instructors and participants regardless of vaccination status on lifts, in lift lines, and when unable to maintain six (6) feet of social distancing during their lesson.
Seasonal & Day-Use Lockers
- Face coverings are required in locker areas at all times. Please be efficient to get what you need and exit.
- Locker fronts will be sanitized nightly during the deep clean process in our lodges.
- Please observe reduced capacities and wait for others to exit before entering locker areas. Be courteous to your fellow skier.
- Please limit your time inside and your locker room use to 15 minutes or less.
Lost & Found
- We will discard of face masks, hand coverings (gloves, mittens, etc.), and any items other than hard goods.
The Nordic Center
- Please follow all applicable protocols listed above.
- Before each visit to the Nordic Center please sign in at the Ski Bowl Lodge.