Six-week programs begin in early January and are open to skiers and riders ages 4-12 of all abilities!
Your child will ski or ride with others of similar ability, with consistent coaching each week. We’ll explore a variety of terrain while developing a strong foundation of skills, with an emphasis on safety and fun. Programs meet for 6 Saturdays OR 6 Sundays, with a choice of all-day with lunch and morning-only options. A rental add-on is available.
Participants meet their group and coaches outside at 9:15am between the Greenway conveyor and Sunway Chair. You’ll pick up your child in the same location at the end of each session (12pm for morning-only, 3:30pm for all-day).
While group levels are pre-assigned, participants’ skiing or riding abilities will be assessed during their first session to determine if they would benefit by moving to another group of similar ability.
Programs & Pricing
Programs meet all 6 Saturdays, January 9, 23, 30, February 6, 20, and 27 OR all 6 Sundays, January 10, 24, 31, February 7, 21, and 28.
Please check back for pricing and more information (coming soon).
Conditions of Purchase
All items must be paid in full at the time of purchase. All reservations are final and non-refundable if canceled within 72 hours of the program start date. Reservations canceled more than 72 hours before the start date will be refunded minus a 15% cancellation fee, or you may choose to receive the full value of your program credited towards the same program on another day. Credits are valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
You will receive the program check-in time and location in your confirmation email. Programs are in session every day the Snow Sports School is open, regardless of weather conditions. During inclement weather, we will take indoor breaks as necessary.
Special Notes for Parents
Please consider the following when putting your child in our 6-Week Programs
- Advanced reservations are required for all snow sports programs, please call (518) 251-4804 or check back to reserve online.
- A parent must complete program-specific registration forms including Release of Liability on or before the first program day.
- All children ages 17 & under are required to wear a helmet* during all Snow Sports School programs.
- Please be on time. Plan ahead for time to register your child in our program, pick up rental gear, etc. Lessons go out on time. Late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- A parent must remain on Gore Mountain premise if your child is participating in our Mountain Adventure Program.
- Please inform us of any special arrangements or needs your child may have (i.e. dietary, medication, learning styles, interacting with adults and/or other children, etc.) so that we can best serve your child.
- Gore Mountain staff will not administer medications. If your child needs medication(s) during the day, please make arrangements with our staff for you to give your child their medication.
- Children in Mountain Adventure programs may need to ride lifts with an adult and therefore may ride lifts with members of the skiing public, or other Gore staff.
- Class sizes are generally six students per instructor but may be larger or smaller. Gore Mountain reserves the right to combine classes when needed.
- Gore Mountain staff reserve the right to move your child to the appropriate class level.
Additional notes to best prepare your family for a fun and successful Mountain Adventure experience
- Help prepare your child for their day by explaining what they are going to do at Gore Mountain, and be sure to tell them that you will return to pick them up at the end of their lesson.
- Your child will have a better experience if they are well-rested and have a good breakfast. Skiing and riding, and being outdoors in the cold weather, require energy.
- Participants are responsible for their own equipment. Please label all equipment (skis/board boots) and clothing to help avoid losing anything.
- Please let us know of any special needs your child has such as allergies, medical instructions, etc. The more their instructor knows, the easier it will be to help them have a great experience.
- Lessons are held regardless of weather, so please make sure your child has dressed appropriately. You can leave extra gloves/socks etc. in a backpack in the Mountain Adventure Room, in case they are needed.
- While skiing or snowboarding is the primary activity, your child will also learn about on-hill safety, etiquette, and the Gore Mountain environment.
- We know you’re excited to watch your child ski or ride. However, children often become distracted when they see their parents, especially younger beginner students. If you would like to observe, please do so from a distance so as not to distract program participants.
*If you purchase your program with rentals, a helmet is included in the package. If children are using their own equipment, they must bring a helmet with them or plan to rent one upon arrival. Thank you for your cooperation in our effort of increasing safety on the slopes. Visit LidsOnKids.org to learn more about helmets and snow sports safety!