Uphill At The Ski Bowl
Gore Mountain Uphill Program
8:30am to 3:30pm. Non-Holiday Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.
Earn your turns at Gore Mountain by skinning up the mountain. Uphill travel will be permitted at the Ski Bowl during regular operational hours from 8:30am to 3:30pm Thursday, Friday, and Sunday during non-holiday periods, weather permitting. Uphill travel using skis or split boards will only be allowed with an uphill day ticket, an alpine lift ticket, or an alpine season pass.
The travel route will be uphill on the left along the designated route:
- Nordic Climb A
- Traverse to Moxham
- Moxam, Uphill Left
- Oak Ridge, Uphill left to the top of Hudson Triple
Please be aware of your surroundings, including alpine downhill traffic and other uphill travelers.
A valid ticket for the day is required to skin up the mountain. You will need one of the following:
- A purchased uphill ticket from the Ski Bowl ticket window for $25
- A day-use Alpine ticket for the mountain for the date you are skinning up
- A season pass for the 23/24 season
Guests participating in the activities of downhill skiing/snowboarding are obligated to familiarize themselves with and adhere to the rules and regulations set forth in the New York State Safety in Skiing Code (Article 18 of the General Obligations Law; Article 26 of the Labor Law, and Part 54 of the NYS Industrial Code at 12 NYCRR), which can be located on signage at the base of the mountain. Guests shall comply with the daily uphill skiing instructions, as well as all other rules and regulations that are applicable to their activities while on the premises.
- Uphill travel is NOT available on Saturdays or during holiday periods.
- You Must check in at The Joe Minder Lodge.
- Please use the designated route only. It is your responsibility to know where the designated uphill travel trails are.
- Note skiers uphill left, single file, will be the only travel route.
- Guests must wear brightly colored reflective clothing.
- Dress appropriately for changing weather conditions.
- Be aware that snowmaking may be in progress at any time.
- Be aware that snowmobiles & other machinery are routinely used on the mountain and maybe driving the same route.
- Unmarked hazards may exist, especially during the early and late season.
- Be aware of variable snow conditions.
- Please stay away from snowmaking equipment, snowmobiles, grooming machines, etc.
- Please stop to rest in an area where you are visible to skiers and riders above you and avoid obstructing the trail. Do not stop at trail intersections.
- Before ascending, travelers must check the Snow Report and the info board at the base of the Ski Bowl. Trails could be closed at any time.
- Snowshoeing is NOT allowed for uphill travel.
- There may be times when the Uphill travel route will be closed to all travelers.
Be advised to access any lift. You will need a valid Alpine day ticket or 23/24 Season Pass.