Request an instructor of your choice, or we will hand-pick a qualified instructor for you. Ask about specialty private lessons for terrain parks, glades, and bumps! Add a second person to your lesson if you wish- this person must be of like age, ability, and discipline. This private lesson option is for any ability level, ages 4+.
Family Private Lessons
Keep your crew together making on-snow memories in these lesson options for 3-5 people in the same party. You’ll each improve your skills with custom instruction tailored to your individual needs. This group private lesson option is for ages 4+ in any combination of ability levels and disciplines.
Private Lessons for Younger Children
We recommend half-hour private lessons for 3-4 year-olds who aren’t yet ready for a full hour on the snow.
We also offer adaptive programs for skiers and riders with special needs.
For more information about snow sports lessons, please call (518) 251-4804 or send us an email.
Private Lesson Pricing
Private lesson rates and reservations are for your customized instruction only. Lift tickets must be secured online before your private lesson reservation can be finalized. Remember to reload your SKI3 Card if you already have one.
Your private lesson reservation will be finalized over the phone followed by an email confirmation. Need rentals too? Reserve your gear online at least one day in advance and save 10%.
|2021-22 Private Lesson|
Add One Person*
|1-Hour for One Person|
|2-Hour for One Person|
|3-Hour for One Person|
8:30AM, 10AM, 12PM
|Half-Hour for ages 3 & 4|
|2-Hour Family & Friends|
Private Group Lesson
|3-Hour Family & Friends|
Private Group Lesson
*Additional person must be of similar age, ability, and discipline for semi-private lessons. For family and friends private lessons, terrain and coaching will be geared toward the ability level of the least experienced group member.
All items must be paid in full at the time of purchase. All reservations are final and non-refundable if canceled within 72 hours of the program start date. Reservations canceled more than 72 hours before the start date will be refunded minus a 15% cancellation fee, or you may choose to receive the full value of your program credited towards the same program on another day. Credits are valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
You will receive the program check-in time and location in your confirmation email. Programs are in session every day the Snow Sports School is open, regardless of weather conditions. During inclement weather, we will take indoor breaks as necessary.
Special Notes for Private Lessons
Please consider the following for a fun and successful private lesson experience
- Advanced reservations are required for all private lessons. Please call (518) 251-4804.
- All children 17 & under are required to wear a helmet* during their lesson.
- Lessons are held regardless of weather- be sure to dress appropriately.
- Inform us of any special arrangements or needs when making your reservation so that we can best serve you.
- Please be on time. Plan ahead for time to register, pick up rental gear, etc. Lessons go out on time and late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- While skiing or snowboarding is the primary activity, our instructors encourage on-hill safety and etiquette at Gore.
Additional notes to best prepare families
- A parent must complete program-specific registration forms including Release of Liability.
- A parent must remain on Gore Mountain premise if your child is participating in a private lesson.
- We know you’re excited to watch your child ski or ride. However, young children often become distracted when they see their parents. If you would like to observe, plan to do so from a distance so as not to distract your child or other program participants.
*If you purchase your program with rentals, a helmet is included in the package. If children are using their own equipment, they must bring a helmet with them or plan to rent one upon arrival. Thank you for your cooperation in our effort of increasing safety on the slopes. Visit LidsOnKids.org to learn more about helmets and snow sports safety!