- Private Lesson Pricing
- Request a Reservation
- Adaptive Programs
- Reservation Policy
- Health Screening
- Important Information
Advance reservations must be made at least 72 hours prior to your requested lesson date and time for all lesson options. Pre-purchased lift ticket(s) are required. Call (518) 251-4804 or submit a reservation request online.
Request an instructor of your choice, or we will hand-pick a qualified instructor for you. Ask about specialty private lessons for terrain parks, glades, and bumps! Add a second person to your lesson if you wish- this person must be of like age, ability, and discipline. This private lesson option is for any ability level, ages 4+. Rates and reservations are for your custom instruction only. Lift access should also be acquired in advance and reloaded onto your SKI3 Card if you already have one. Need rentals too? Reserve online in advance (coming soon), and pick up your gear the evening before if possible.
Family Private Lessons
Keep your crew together making on-snow memories in these lesson options for 3-5 people in the same party. You’ll each improve your skills with custom instruction tailored to your individual needs. This group private lesson option is for ages 4+ in any combination of ability levels and disciplines. Rates and reservations are for your custom instruction only. Lift access should also be acquired in advance, reload onto your SKI3 Cards if you already have them. Check out frequent skier card and season pass options (check back for e-tickets)! Need rentals too? Reserve online in advance (coming soon), and pick up your gear the evening before if possible.
Private Lessons for Younger Children
We recommend half-hour private lessons for 3-4 year-olds who aren’t ready for a full hour on the snow.
We also offer adaptive programs for skiers and riders with special needs.
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION:
- We require those taking lessons to complete a health screening before they arrive on site.
- This screening must be completed by 7:30am the morning of your lesson.
- One screening is required per person, not per party.
OPERATIONAL UPDATES & OTHER INFO:
- All students must check in at the tent located outside of the Northwoods Lodge to confirm their health screening.
- If you have secured rentals, it is recommended that you arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the lesson start time to ensure a prompt start.
- Those taking lessons may ride the lifts together, provided that the required health screenings for both the instructor and all students have been completed.
- All instructors and students must wear masks at all times while in lessons. Masks cannot be pulled down while physically skiing or riding then pulled back up over the nose and mouth when regrouping.
We are making important changes around the mountain to keep your experience as safe and enjoyable as possible. Please Know Before You Go – read more about our health and safety guidelines.
Private Lesson Pricing
Private lesson reservations and pre-purchased lift ticket(s) are required 3 or more days in advance. Call (518) 251-4804 or submit a reservation request online.
|2020-2021 Private Lesson Options|
Add One Person*
|1-Hour for One Person|
|2-Hour for One Person|
|3-Hour for One Person|
8:30AM, 10AM, 12PM
|Half-Hour for ages 3 & 4|
|2-Hour Family & Friends|
Private Group Lesson
|3-Hour Family & Friends|
Private Group Lesson
Gore Mountain offers ski and snowboard lessons for people with disabilities. Our instructors are trained to coach those with special needs. All lessons are private, one-on-one with your instructor/coach, to better meet your specific needs. Adaptive lessons are available to skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels.
Our trained staff can work with those who are hearing or visually impaired, those with developmental or intellectual disabilities, and/or those with physical disabilities. We have two different style bi-skis available for use during lessons, as well as outriggers for those needing to use this type of equipment.
1-hour lesson – $75
2-hour lesson – $150
2-hour lesson with 2 instructors – $240 – all bi/mono ski lessons are two hours
Reservations are required so we can coordinate the best lesson opportunity to fit your needs. Rental package is included, be sure to request equipment when you make your reservation. Please contact us at (518) 251-4804 or send us an email.
All items must be paid in full at the time of purchase. All reservations are final and non-refundable if canceled within 72 hours of the program start date. Reservations canceled more than 72 hours before the start date will be refunded minus a 15% cancellation fee, or you may choose to receive the full value of your program credited towards the same program on another day. Credits are valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
You will receive the program check-in time and location in your confirmation email. Programs are in session every day the Snow Sports School is open, regardless of weather conditions. During inclement weather, we will take indoor breaks as necessary.
Special Notes for Private Lessons (2019-2020)
Please consider the following for a fun and successful private lesson experience
- Advanced reservations are required for all snow sports programs. Please call (518) 251-4804 or submit a reservation request online.
- All children 17 & under are required to wear a helmet* during all Snow Sports School programs.
- Lessons are held regardless of weather, so please be sure to dress appropriately.
- Inform us of any special arrangements or needs when making your reservation so that we can best serve you.
- Please be on time. Plan ahead for time to register, pick up rental gear, etc. Lessons go out on time and late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- While skiing or snowboarding is the primary activity, our instructors encourage on-hill safety and etiquette at Gore.
Additional notes to best prepare families
- A parent must complete program-specific registration forms including Release of Liability.
- A parent must remain on Gore Mountain premise if your child is participating in a private lesson.
- We know you’re excited to watch your child ski or ride. However, young children often become distracted when they see their parents. If you would like to observe, plan to do so from a distance so as not to distract your child or other program participants.
*If you purchase your program with rentals, a helmet is included in the package. If children are using their own equipment, they must bring a helmet with them or plan to rent one upon arrival. Thank you for your cooperation in our effort of increasing safety on the slopes. Visit LidsOnKids.org to learn more about helmets and snow sports safety!