- Private Lesson Pricing
- Reservation Request
- Adaptive Programs
- Reservation Policy
- Additional Information
We offer several types of customized ski and snowboard instruction below with options for every ability level from first-time learners to advanced/expert shredders, ages 3+.
Reservations for the 22/23 snow season are available by phone at (518) 251-4804.
Request an instructor of your choice, or we will hand-pick a qualified instructor for you. Ask about specialty private lessons for terrain parks, glades, and bumps! Add a second person to your lesson if you wish- this person must be of like age, ability, and discipline. This private lesson option is for one or two people of similar ability level, ages 4+.
Beginner Private Lesson Packages
Learn to ski or snowboard at an amazing value. Our package, designed exclusively for first and second-time skiers and riders, includes one-on-one coaching for one hour, a lower mountain lift ticket valid all day, and a ski or snowboard rental package. Participants have the option to add another hour of coaching for a two-hour custom session. This beginner private lesson package is for ages 4+.
Private Lessons for Younger Children
We recommend half-hour private lessons for 3-4 year-olds who aren’t yet ready for a full hour on the snow.
Family Private Lessons
Keep your crew together making on-snow memories in these lesson options for 3-5 people in the same party. You’ll each improve your skills with custom instruction tailored to your individual needs. This group private lesson option is for ages 4+ in any combination of ability levels and disciplines. However, if everyone in the group is not of the same ability level, we teach to the lesser of the abilities to ensure no one is left behind.
We offer ski and snowboard lessons to individuals of all ages with physical, cognitive, or developmental disabilities. All lessons are private, one-on-one with an instructor/coach, to better meet the participant’s specific needs. Click here to learn more.
Private Lesson Pricing
Reservations for the 22/23 snow season are coming soon!
Private lesson reservations are bookings for your instructor only, these reservations must be made by phone. Lift tickets should be secured online before your private lesson reservation can be finalized (except for Beginner Package options that include a lower mountain lift ticket and rental equipment). Remember to reload your SKI3 Card if you already have one. Need rentals too? Reserve your gear online at least one day in advance and save 15%.
Private Lesson Pricing 2022-2023
22/23 Private Lesson
Available At Lesson Price Add One Person*
1-Hour for One Person 8:30AM, 10AM,
add one person*
2-Hour for One Person 8:30AM, 10AM,
add one person*
3-Hour for One Person 8:30AM, 10AM, 12:30PM
add one person*
with 1-Hour Lesson
with 2-Hour Lesson
Half-Hour for ages 3 & 4 8:30AM, 10AM,
2-Hour Family & Friends
Private Group Lesson
3-Hour Family & Friends
Private Group Lesson
*Additional person must be of similar age, ability, and discipline for semi-private lessons. For family and friends private lessons, terrain and coaching will be geared toward the ability level of the least experienced group member.
For Day Lessons/Programs:
- All purchases are final. Reservations are non-refundable if canceled within 72 hours of the start date.
- Reservations canceled more than 72 hours before the start date will be refunded minus a 15% cancellation fee, or you may choose to receive the full value of your reservation credited towards the same Lesson/Program on another day. Credits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Reservations are non-refundable if canceled within 72 hours of the start date. If requested you will receive the full value of your reservation credited towards the same Lesson/Program on another day. Credits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Participant must be within the determined Lesson/Program age range at the start of the Lesson/Program.
- The Lesson/Program will be voided if the participant arrives late for the reserved start time, and a refund or credit will NOT be issued.
All Lesson/Program participants must electronically sign the 2022/23 Day and Multi-Week Lesson/Program Agreement. Upon finalizing your first reservation this snow season by phone, you should receive an email with a link to electronically sign this document.
You will receive the program check-in time and location in your confirmation email. Programs are in session every day the Snow Sports School is open, regardless of weather conditions. During inclement weather, we will take indoor breaks as necessary.
Special Notes for Private Lessons
Please consider the following for a fun and successful private lesson experience
- Advanced reservations are required for private lesson options. Please call (518) 251-4804.
- All children 17 & under are required to wear a helmet* during their lesson.
- Lessons are held regardless of the weather- be sure to dress appropriately.
- Inform us of any special arrangements or needs when making your reservation so that we can best serve you.
- Please be on time. Plan ahead for time to register, pick up rental gear, etc. Lessons go out on time and late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- While skiing or snowboarding is the primary activity, our instructors encourage on-hill safety and etiquette at Gore.
Additional notes to best prepare families
- A parent must complete program-specific registration forms including Release of Liability.
- A parent must remain on the Gore Mountain premises if their child is participating in a private lesson.
- We know you’re excited to watch your child ski or ride. However, young children often become distracted when they see their parents. If you would like to observe, plan to do so from a distance so as not to distract your child or other program participants.
- Visit our health & safety page for guidelines during the 22/23 snow season.
*If you purchase your program with rentals, a helmet is included in the package. If children are using their own equipment, they must bring a helmet with them or plan to rent one upon arrival. Thank you for your cooperation in our effort of increasing safety on the slopes. Visit LidsOnKids.org to learn more about helmets and snow sports safety!